Thursday, October 24, 2019

Filming

Today was our filming day for my group. We were shooting our Nike commercial outside to capture the sporty essence of the brand we were representing. Our first spot was on the baseball field. This is where my part of the commercial was going to be shot. We each had to bring in an article of Nike attire. Mine were my Nike Airforce 1's which are a popular and iconic shoe from Nike. At first according to our storyboard we were supposed to film on the track but since there were already some people there and there was nice lighting on the baseball field we decided to switch it up. Since I was representing the shoes my group took multiple shots of me. There was probably the most shots of me because my group members kept trying different angles. They had shot me running and walking in different directions. Another group then came to where we were and got in our shot so we ended up moving our spot a little further down where there was nice lighting and I did the same things again. At the end I stood in place doing different positions with my feet to show off the Nike logo. I held the camera bag through out the filming process.

Then I helped to act in another scene. It was my group members part of the commercial to be shot. We had to focus on her shirt. This scene was shot in by the cafeteria. I suggested to the director where he should film which was the big set of stairs and that's where we filmed. From that we were able to get  good high angle. I played another character who was conversating with the girl wearing a Nike shirt. They took a few shots of us and then we finished up our last few scenes. I helped to capture better footage by suggesting to the members what different things to try by watching the footage being filmed through the camera. That way we will have a variety of footage to select from. I think its good to have a variety because sometimes your initial plan can be changed to have improvements.

Lastly I acted at the end. We all did a wide shot with all of the group members playing as the actors. We did this in the senior patio. We tried standing and then we tried sitting down at one of the tables. I sat in the front with my feet turned so the Nike logo could be visible to the camera. We took a couple of these shot and our director would leave the camera on the tripod and make his way to be in the shot and then I knew to be ready for the shot. I acted the most out of our group since I was in three different scenes but one of them might not be used since we tried other alternative shots and camera angles without me in it. I enjoyed giving our director pointers and acting. It was an enjoyable experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment