Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Comedy Genre Research

This is a blog we did at the beginning of the year. I did it with my group who I am working with as of now. This was a nine slide power point where my group members and I had to research one film genre and discuss the attributes that are commonly found within that genre. We chose comedy. We researched common lighting, camera angles, elements of comedy, examples of comedy films, and sound commonly found within comedy films. We also were allowed to place our own personal input on what elements of comedy we do like and elements that we don't. This was am interesting project to do because I never realized how much features and concepts went into a full genre. Especially for comedy I never realized the patterns found between them or how there was common lighting. The point of this project was to get to know a certain genre well. How we did this was by our teacher allowing us to pick random genres out of a random cup. We had to decorate the PowerPoint and add pictures from comedy movies as well as GIF's that related to what was on the slide. This task helped us learn more about the genre and how it differentiates from other genres. It also helped us become better prepared for our final task which is also going to be within the comedy genre. 











No comments:

Post a Comment