Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

Hello, my name is Ashley and I am an Aice Media student this year. I have a liking for the arts and anything that allows me to have a creative outlet. So far I am enjoying this class a lot. One of my favorite things about this class is how it allows me to see behind the scenes of profesional movie production. I have gained a deeper understanding for movie jargon as well the production itself. I take value my work and like to put fourth as much effort as I can. I would describe myself as someone who is creative therefore I think I will enjoy this project a lot. I enjoy collaborating with others and distributing my ideas with others in order to produce a great finished product. I will be working with Madison and Darren. We have worked together on our first project and we know each other. I think we work well together and will do a good job. 
I am excited to work with others again since I haven’t collaborated since my first Media Studies project. This will make our work more efficient and more creative as we will have more heads working together. This will be the first project where we are actually making something that is for a movie. First we did a commercial and a music video. Those were both fun. I worked with a group for the commercial but not the music video. This project however specifically will allow me to fully take on all the knowledge I have learned about film making this year and apply it to our project. Working with others won’t have all the work on my shoulders. It is just much more enjoyable to collaborate for me. We have some interesting pitch ideas which I look forward to discussing with my group. Since I will be working with a group this time film production will be easier. I won’t have to be in charge of all filming because I can have my partners help film. We will take turns. It is easier as compared to working by yourself and having someone who doesn’t know how to film like your parents shoot the scenes for you. If there is an issue with any equipment or software having group members will make it easier to find solutions to any problems we may have. These factors are what excite me for the upcoming project. Our group will actively be discussing and deciding our pitch ideas.
 A pitch is a term used by hollywood directors and screenwriters which is when they encapsulate an entire movie in 25 words or less. This lets the potential viewer know what the movie is about and can spark interest. For one pitch we had an idea for a intro to a comedy movie. The pitch would describe 3 very different high school friends who face the everyday challenges and dangers of being a teenager. The second pitch idea would be about a horror movie. A young girl finds herself at yard sale one afternoon and buys an old doll. Strange happenings begin soon after. The third pitch idea would be a thriller where a young girl is being followed to the ends of the earth by a mysterious figure and she has to find out why. 


No comments:

Post a Comment