Thursday, November 14, 2019

Music Video Project

Intro to the new project: We have completed our commercial project last week. Our commercial project was an overall success. We got in turned in on time and the storyboarding beforehand really helped to outline our visions.  The malfunctions of school technology was the downside to our commercial because it wasted more time. The computers in our classroom stopped working and we had to switch platforms. We ended up having to use our iPhones and distributing our product onto google drive. Collaboration of each other’s ideas went well. Each group member was able to contribute and improve/build upon each other’s ideas. As opposed to last time, this time I will be working alone due to having to film outside of the schools campus. I find it easier to work alone, especially compared to working with people you don’t interact with outside of school. If you work alone you have the option to have family and friends whom you see everyday to participate. Working with classmates however, involves a lot of planning and there tends to be more complications. You all have to meet at the same place at the same time and not everyone is always in time. I am going to Orlando later this month so I may use that as a filming location. I will also try to get my friends who I hang out often with to join me in my project and we will film at as many interesting places as we can find. I will be using my own equipment to complete this project so it is expected that there will be minimal difficulty since I will have experience working it.
Song:  I will be doing my music video to Froth’s- Lost my mind
I chose this song because of its functionality and it’s ability to have various themes and ideas. The lyrics are not heavily emphasized so there is a lack of strong emotion and therefore more broader and easier to work with.
Conventions: Conventions for music videos include natural scenery, entertainment facilities (such as roller rinks and carnivals), highways, beaches and tourist locations.
Genre: My genre is alternative/indie rock music.
My music video will retain a fast paced and energetic visuals as well as tame and relaxed. Indie/Alternative rock music videos tend to stray away from typical mainstream conventions. They tend to be more bold and wildly creative with atypical visuals and themes. Therefore, I will include several different shots and angles. I plan to include a lot of wide shots to showcase the different settings and scenery’s of my music video similar to others of this genre. To keep up with the fast pace  I will include different pan movements to follow the actors in my video.
Mis-en-scène for my alternative videos typically is very broad.
Costumes for my video will be will be  colorful and casual. I want my visuals to be bold and fun. Style may consist of retro inspiration. I want my actors to look normal yet have them stand out from most everyday people.
The video will consist of natural lighting and artificial lighting. The video is meant to be fun and carefree so there may be segments which cover colored lighting or dark lighting indoors.
I will be the only actor of my class in the video. I will however use friends outside of the classroom to participate in my video and help set the atmosphere.
Makeup will likely be bold and colorful. It will help to create this sense of an unrealistic world where everyone and everything is bold and cheery. I want the overall mood to be happy and don’t want to target other emotions.
Props will probably include ice skates and roller skates since I think those would be good locations for my music video. I will be using a car to possibly get shots outside the window or shots of the car moving from the outside. A car will also be the main mode of transportation for our actors. Food may possibly be another factor of our projects as I may have a scene with the actors eating and having a good time.
Settings will vary. I definitely know I want to include some form of skating in my video. Me and one of my friends has the capability to ice skate. With my other friends I may do a scene while roller skating. I want to also film in the middle of a field or in some sort of nature. A highway may also possibly be a setting if we film from the inside of the car. These variation of location will emphasize the fun mood of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment